Pancakes – makes 5
1/2 cup self rising flour
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 ripe avocado
1 tablespoon honey
Salted honey almonds, per serve
3 knob butter
6 tablespoon honey
1. Puree avocado with 1 tablespoon of honey.
2. With a fork whisk in egg.
3. In a separate bowl mix together self rising flour, baking powder and milk.
4. Mix in avocado puree with the batter.
5. Heat a non stick fry pan on high, turn the heat down to medium low and spray with oil. Pour in some batter and when bubbles form on the surface flip and cook for a further 3 – 5 minutes or until the pancake is cooked.
6. Repeat process 5 until all your batter is finished.
1. Heat a non stick fry pan on high, turn the heat down to medium, add butter into the pan and let melt for 1 minute, add almonds and let cook for 5 minutes, add honey and cook for 4 minutes, add a few pinches of salt and serve hot with pancakes.
You can also add chocolate chips to the batter and serve with chocolate sauce, mascarpone, cream or maple syrup.